Used Clothing Collection
For many years now, Asbury Church has been supporting communities in Liberia, Africa by collecting items of clothing and sending them to places where there are no stores to purchase such apparel. Consider donating new or gently-used, clean clothing to our cause. We are also raising money to help us ship these clothes to those who need them.
Winter Coat and Accessories Collection for Afghanistan Refugees
There will be many Afghanistan refugees of all ages that are going to be housed at the Joint Base McGuire/Dix in NJ for the next year. They expect 10,000 refugees to come through. Most refugees left Afghanistan with only the clothes on their back and are not prepared for the harsh East Coast winters. Please consider donating any winter coats that no longer fit your children or that you no longer wish to keep. Let’s bless those less fortunate than us with our abundance.
- Collection will occur on Saturday, October 23rd from 12pm to 5pm at Asbury Church at the lower level.
- Masked donors will be asked to enter through the lower level doors, make an immediate left and find the empty barrels in the hallway facing the parking lot outside the Wesley Center
- Each donor will place their own clothing in a barrel and exit the hallway at the opposite end of the hallway.
- Masked volunteers will compact the clothing, seal, and label the barrels.
Items Not Accepted
- Tee Shirts with inappropriate logos or messages
- Women’s Lingerie – bras, underwear, girdles
- Lycra exercise wear
- Dirty clothing
- Clothing with unrepaired tears
- Heavy winter clothing for men, women, children– coats, scarves, wool sweaters, winter hats
- Formal wear
Accepted Items – MUST BE CLEAN – Very important!
- Junior/Women’s clothing – all sizes
- Shirts, shorts, jeans, lightweight sweaters (cardigans, short sleeved, long-sleeved, fleece jackets, dresses, skirts, blazers, lightweight scarves, purses
- Junior/Women’s shoes/boots
- Men’s clothing – all sizes
- Belts, caps, pajamas, socks, ties
- Shirts, shorts, jeans, pants, sport coats, suits, sportswear
- Men’s shoes/boots
- Children’s clothing – all sizes
- Newborn through size boys and girls size 16
- Children’s shoes/boots
Please contact Linda McCreight at 610-395-2261 or lindamcc@ptd if you have any questions or wish to volunteer to prepare barrels for shipping. Donations to pay to ship the barrels will also be accepted. You can make donations for shipping here: www.asburyumw.org/bazaar. Or, you can send a check to Asbury United Methodist Church, c/o Manly H. Offutt, Jr., AIM Treasurer, 1991 Molinaro Drive, Allentown, PA 18104-1232 with ‘barrels of love’ on the memo line.”