Used Clothing Collection
Asbury United Methodist Church has been supporting communities in Liberia, Africa by collecting items of clothing where there are no stores to purchase apparel. Consider donating new or gently-used, clean clothing to our cause. We are also raising money to help us ship these clothe to those who need them.
Winter Coat Collection
Asbury also is collecting much-needed winter wear for those in our area this winter. Please consider donating any winter coats that no longer fit your children or that you no longer wish to keep. Those in need are all ages and all sizes. Let’s bless those less fortunate than us with our abundance.
Collection will occur on Saturday, October 24th from 10am to 2pm at Asbury Church at the lower level.
Masked donors will be asked to enter through the lower level doors, make an immediate left and find the empty barrels in the hallway facing the parking lot outside the Wesley Center. Each donor will place their own clothing in a barrel and exit the hallway at the opposite end of the hallway.
Masked volunteers will compact the clothing, seal and label the barrels.
Items Not Accepted
- Tee Shirts with inappropriate logos or messages
- Women’s Lingerie – bras, underwear, girdles
- Lycra exercise wear
- Dirty clothing
- Clothing with unrepaired tears
- Heavy winter clothing for men, women, children– coats, scarves, wool sweaters, winter hats
- Formal wear
Accepted Items – MUST BE CLEAN – Very important!
- Junior/Women’s clothing – all sizes
- Shirts, shorts, jeans, lightweight sweaters (cardigans, short sleeved, long-sleeved, fleece jackets, dresses, skirts, blazers, lightweight scarves, purses
- Junior/Women’s shoes/boots
- Men’s clothing – all sizes
- Belts, caps, pajamas, socks, ties
- Shirts, shorts, jeans, pants, sport coats, suits, sportswear
- Men’s shoes/boots
- Children’s clothing – all sizes
- Newborn through size boys and girls size 16
- Children’s shoes/boots
Please contact Linda McCreight at 610-395-2261 or lindamcc@ptd if you have any questions or wish to volunteer to prepare barrels for shipping. Donations to pay to ship the barrels will also be accepted. You make donation for shipping here: www.asburyumw.org/bazaar. Or, you can send a check to Asbury United Methodist Church, c/o Manly H. Offutt, Jr., AIM Treasurer, 1991 Molinaro Drive, Allentown, PA 18104-1232 with ‘barrels of love’ on the memo line.”